3v3 soccer tourney
The 2nd Annual “Beef Cup” 3v3 tournament is a Solon Beef Days sanctioned event, run by Solon FC. Open to teams of 3rd/4th grades, 5th/6th grades, 7th/8th grades, and high school/open class. Depending on the number of teams registered, the Beef Cup is formatted in either a round robin or a 2 pool round with a playoff for 1st/2nd place and 3rd/4th place. Medals are awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Each registered player will receive a “Beef Cup” t-shirt, while supplies last (only guaranteed with registrations received prior to 7/10). Minimum of 3 games (maximum 4) will be played by all teams.
REGISTRATION FEE – $15 per player.
LOCATION – Old Middle School Football Field (click for a map)
- 5th/6th grade division is now full. If you wish to still play, you can register and play up in the 7th/8th grade division. (If your team has already registered for 5th/6th, you can select the 5th/6th option).
- Online Registration
- Mail in form (mail to: Solon FC PO Box 501 Solon, IA 52333)
- Walk-up registration from 11:30 to 12:30
Game time – start at 1:00
- Capped at 8 teams per division
- Teams consist of a maximum of 5 players with 3 playing on the field at a time
- Games will be two 12 minute halves with a 2 minute halftime
- Based on the heat index, game times may be shortened (decision to be be made the morning of the tournament)
- 90 degree heat index – 10 minute halves, 4 minute halftime
- 100 degree heat index – 8 minute halves, 4 minute halftime
- All games to start simultaneously on schedule every half hour
- Shin Guards are mandatory, no front cleats on shoes.
- No goalkeepers
- Teams may be boys/girls/co-ed
- Games will be played except lightning or severe weather; cancellation will be at the discretion of tournament directors.
- Please bring a colored shirt consistent throughout your team as well as a white t-shirt (for home and away colors)
- Bring water!