The 1st Annual Basketball 3on3 tournament is a Solon Beef Days sanctioned event, run by the Lady Spartan Girls Basketball team. Open to Girls and Boys in 7th/8th grades, and 9th-12th grades. Depending on the number of teams registered, the tournament is formatted in either a round robin or 8 team double-elimination bracket. Prizes awarded to 1st and 2nd place in each division.
1pm: Girls/Boys 7th-8th divisions
3pm: Girls/Boys 9th-Adult
LOCATION – Old Middle School playground
REGISTRATION: Will take first 8 teams registered per division
- Online Registration
- Mail in this form with $30 to: Lisa Bishop, 520 S. Dubuque St. Solon, IA 52333
- Walk-up registration from 12-12:30pm on July 16th (First 8 teams registered in each division)
- Capped at 8 teams per division
- Teams consist of a maximum of 4 players with 3 playing on the court
- Games will be 15 minutes each
- Based on the weather, game times may be moved in the Middle School (decision to be be made the morning of the tournament)
- All games to start simultaneously on schedule every 20 minutes.
- Please bring a colored shirt consistent throughout your team as well as a white t-shirt (for home and away colors)
- Small Concessions will be available for water, gatorade, homemade treats, and other snacks.
Beef Days 3 on 3 Rules:
- 1 point – inside arc, 1 point for shooting foul, 2 points – outside arc
- Coin toss or odd/even prior to each game will determine which team gets the first possession.
- 15 min. Running clock- One 30 second timeouts per game per team. Clock continues to run during timeouts.
- Player substitution is permitted during any dead ball situation
- Ball must be “CLEARED” to the three point line on all change of possessions (this includes turnovers, missed shots and shots that miss the rim completely). Only 1 foot has to touch the three point line to be considered “CLEARED” to score. A violation occurs only if a basket is made by the team failing to properly “CLEAR”, and will result in loss of point scored and possession to the other team.
- After a made basket or dead ball situation play begins by checking the ball from the defense at the top of the key. The player taking the ball in must pass to a teammate. The defensive player guarding the person checking the ball (“INBOUNDER”) must remain inside the three point line until the “INBOUNDER” has passed the ball.
- On a check, although the “INBOUNDER” cannot be pressured past the arc the other 2 defenders are not restricted.
- The “INBOUNDER” must pass but CANNOT dribble the ball. Traveling will be called on the “INBOUNDER” if such a violation occurs.
- Offense has 5 seconds to inbound the basketball after the check by defense.
- Jump ball ALWAYS goes to the defense.
- Overtime each team shoots 1 free throw until 1 makes and 1 misses – must continue to alternate and use ALL of your players for free throws. Coin toss or odd/even determines which team shoots first.
- If a foul is called while a player is attempting a shot and the basket is made then count the basket, plus award an extra point.
- Individual fouls will not be kept.
- A technical foul will result in 2 points plus possession of the ball
- The format of the tournament will be determined once all teams have entered. The format may vary by division, depending on the number of teams within a division.
- Teams must be at their court at the scheduled time. A three-minute forfeit time will be strictly enforced.